Framaroot is a one-click rooting app for Android. It does not require a computer to root your phone. You just need to install the Frama root app in your mobile device and run it. Framaroot is best for older Android models which are often no longer supported by other modern rooting apps. The app is also very simple and very unlikely to brick your phone.
Features of Framaroot
- One click root directly from your phone.
- No need to connect your phone to a PC.
- Supports older devices for which it is hard to find other rooting apps.
- Clear interface with simple rooting process.
- Framaroot can unroot your phone in case you want to revoke root access.
- It is free and available as an APK file.
Download Frama Root Apk
The latest version of Framaroot is 1.9.3. It is not available in Google Play store. (Because, Google generally does not allow rooting apps to be listed in Play Store.) But you can download the APK file and install it manually in your device.
- Download Framaroot v1.9.3 APK
- Download Framaroot v1.9.2 APK
- Download Framaroot v1.9.1 APK
- Download Framaroot v1.9.0 APK
The Framaroot APK is slightly larger than 2MB. You can download Framaroot using this link in either a computer or directly in your phone. If you have downloaded Framaroot APK in your computer, just transfer the file to your phone.
Install the APK
To install Framaroot in your Android, the installation of unknown apps must be allowed first. To do so, go to your mobile’s Settings. Then, from there, go to Security. Under the section Device administrators, there is a checkbox titled Unknown sources. Check mark this box. You will see a warning message. Tap ok. After we complete the rooting process, you can disable this option again. But for now, to install Framaroot, this option must be enabled.
Next, tap on the Framaroot APK file in your phone. Accept all the conditions. Framaroot will be installed.
How to root?
Rooting your phone using Framaroot is very easy. After you have installed Framaroot, find it in your app list and run it. If Framaroot says that it cannot root your phone, then you cannot root your device using this app. If Framaroot supports your phone, it will show you one or more exploit names that you can use to root. Framaroot uses Lord of the Ring character names as its exploit names. So you will see exploit names such as Gandalf, Faramir etc. Anyway, after you tap on the exploit name, there will be three options: SuperSu installation, Unrooting and Script execution. Select Install SuperSu.
Hopefully the process will be successful and you will see a message saying – Success and your phone will reboot. However, if Framaroot crashes instead, just restart the app and try again. After reboot open SuperSu (a new app that should be automatically installed in your phone during the process) and update the binaries.
Framaroot may also show messages such as Failed or Half-success. In this case you should try other exploits (if multiple exploits were shown to you at the start). If that still does not work, then your device is not supported by Framaroot.
The Unroot option is useful if you want to unroot your device after rooting using Framaroot. There is also another option named Execute Script. This is an advanced feature. Unless you are an expert in rooting niceties, do not use this option.
- You should always backup your phone’s important data before rooting your phone. So before your install Framaroot, make sure you have backed up your personal data.
- In some very rare cases, even after the Success message and reboot, you will see that SuperSu app was not installed. That means Framaroot will not work in your device.
- If you see an error message with number 10, install this version of Framaroot instead of the latest one.
Framaroot is a quick and easy app to root your old Android phones and also some newer ones. The app is developed by alephzain. Our site does not hold any copyright or responsibility regarding this app.